Thursday, November 26, 2009

Ritchie Benaud sets retirement plans aside.

I switched on the TV to watch some sport early morning and while I was not really keen on Aus v WIndies test match that started today, I was hooked to the channel for a few minutes. The reason was Ritchie Benaud behind the mike and I remembered that this could be his swansong. Soon I was surfing the web and found that the man has decided to stay put for another 4 seasons albeit only in Australia. I am sure cricket followers across the globe would welcome his decision and hope he continues for as long as possible. Read the complete story at:

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,26350949-948,00.html

Benaud had earlier expressed his desire to quit commentating after the Australian summer this year. Benaud had said: "I’ll be doing Australian cricket next year – 2010 – but I don’t do any television at all anywhere else now and when I finish next year, then I’ll be doing other things. But that’ll be no more television commentary."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/richie-benaud-retires-from-all-television-commentary/story-e6freuy9-1111118890878

2 comments:

  1. Richie Benaud is a legend & one of the most regarded cricket commentators. Besides, his greatness as a commentator, needless to point his achievements as a former test cricketer.
    A true veteran & and a complete cricket geek. Great going...Richie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is no better combination in world than Richie Benaud and Bill Lawry Period

    ReplyDelete