Friday, January 29, 2010

Nadal injury : Official Statement says he will be out for 4 weeks

Nadal has been advised a two week complete rest and at least a month away from the game after a medical assessment in Spain. The official statement informed that he will miss up to 4 weeks of tennis but the relief is that this is not the reoccurrence of his tendonitis problem that kept him out of Wimbledon last year.

It's not as bad as I had initially feared in my previous post but it will still keep him out of any competitive tennis for at least a month. I hope he is back to full fitness at the earliest though his long term career prospects would depend on how he handles his game and makes required adjustments.

"For me it is more important to play well again and to have the good feelings on the court that I had in Abu Dhabi, Doha and also at the Australian Open where I played at the highest level.", Nadal said.

Dr Angel Ruiz-Cotorro, who examined Nadal's injury, said the four-time French Open winner would have to rest for two weeks before he "steadily resumes his sporting activity".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/8486448.stm

No comments:

Post a Comment